Monday, July 26, 2010

Dia 38


So a lot happens in 2 weeks. Last weekend we went to Zacatecas which is one of the most beautiful towns I have ever been to. There were small cobblestoned roads, bright-colored buildings, and cathedral/churches everywhere. I LOVED it. There's also a sweet mine which strangely enough had a store and an elevator in it. We also went around town during the first night and listened to legends. I actually understood what was going on, finally getting the hang of things. Unless a person speaks in a microphone, then I can't understand anything and it's just comical.
I also almost got hit by a car. I was walking across a rather large street and the light turned green while I was halfway across. In the states you just run across and people just deal. Out here... not the case. They just start going and you better pray you're not in front of their car. So I start to run across the street and cars were honking and this one white car wasn't stopped at the light so he didn't see me running and let's just say I was very VERY close to being paste. That was hands down the scariest moment of this entire trip. I somehow managed to live :).
Embarrassing moment numero million. We went to do laundry again, this time it was a dollar less, so I spent 8 bucks on laundry, yay on my super saving skills. We went like 4 miles away to do our laundry, we at least met a really nice cab driver. Anyways, I decided it was a better idea to wash my clothes by hand (this is prior to my laundry trip). We had some detergent from earlier in the trip and I spent a very long time washing some clothes in our little sink. Well after a few days of sitting out and drying I took the clothes down to fold them and they didn't seem very clean. They were stiff and awkward, but they smelled nice soo i just folded them up. But as I pulled them out to wear them I just couldn't bring myself to do it because they just didn't seem clean enough, so we went to the lavanderia. As I was talking to the wash-lady she told me that we didn't have soap, but instead we had fabric softener. Yeah, proves to you that my Spanish skills are only the best.
Okay food: had filled churros, probably the best thing in the world. If you ever get a filled churro get either chocolate or cajeta (caramel deliciousness).
This weekend was insane. We went to some town. I don't remember the name nor would I be able to pronounce it. But we went to some ruins. The only circular pyramids in the world actually. We also got to practice singing our program for BYU in El Centro. It was really fun believe it or not. And today I get to play soccer and eat lots of cake for my roomies birthday. Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. churros are delicious.
    and one of the weight gaining culprits spain graciously gave me :)
    i want to mexico! (and that is not a typo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will teach you Mexico if you teach me Spain.

    ReplyDelete