Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 15


My group has done a ton in the past few days. Yesterday was composed of a test, horseback riding, ice cream, walks through the park, and a super late night walk home which might have been slightly dangerous. It probably wasn't the smartest idea to have 2 American girls walk home at night but we were fine. Oh and we also went to McDonalds! I never thought I'd crave that place but it was delicious. Good ol' taste of America.
Anyways, horseback riding was probably one of the coolest things I have ever done. We were in this forest area that was randomly placed on the outskirts of the city. It was gorgeous and the horses were really well tamed. Having a group of 19 run through trails was awesome. It's great because our group doesn't really have cliques. Everyone mingles with each other so it was just an absolute blast all around. I named my horse Jorgito. The guide laughed with is huge grilled-teeth smile when I told the group his name. It was very entertaining.
Today we went to the zoologico (Z00). There weren't necessarily different animals but they were way more interactive than I ever seen them. It was raining the whole day so there was no one there but us and like 2 other groups of children. The polar bear wasn't just sitting in the corner, but he swam and got up to the window and smooshed his face against the glass for us. The snakes were slithering everywhere and the tigers were playing. It was awesome. Oh and we also fed the monkeys through the cage. They don't care here if we pass the little fence and get up next to the monkey cages. I would never recommend it to people but it was way fun. I also got to feed a giraffe on the safari ride. Best zoo experience EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment