Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 23


So sooo much has happened... so instead of writing a detailed account of everything I'll go over the basics. Wednesday I went to two soccer games. One was between the Chivas (from Guadalajara) and Estudiantes (Guadalajara/Our University) and the other was between Atlas (also from Guadalajara) and America (Mexico City). I have to say they were pretty intense. I've never seen so many people at a sporting event singing/jumping for a solid 2 hours. Men were just ripping off their shirts and screaming like maniacs. I loved whenever there was a goal. It was a great excuse to jump out of your seat, scream things in Spanish, and hug the person next to you. From down below beer was flying through the air and up top in the rafters everyone's lungs were shriveling from severe exposure to second hand smoke. Great exposure to Mexican culture.
After the Chiva game two of my friends and I got attacked by a large crowd of Chiva fans. They were about high school age and they heard us speak English and they freaked out. They grabbed us and pulled us into their group and they just started taking pictures. So so strange. We finally broke loose after a few butt pinches and some yelling in Spanglish. Crazy crazy times.
My roomies and I also had to stop into an Applebees and grab something because we were craving American, more specifically American sweets. What else but a lava cake to satisfy a craving?
We went to Tlaquepaque and Tonala yesterday. Probably the coolest places to buy things in the world. There are a bunch of tents and shops set up with outrageously cheap pottery, art, food, clothing, the works. I had the opportunity to bargain in Spanish and it worked! I got 5 bowls and 2 mugs for $4 bucks. Pretty fantastic if you ask me, I wanted to buy a full set but I don't have room in my stupid suit case... dumb airlines. Anyways, the only downside to the trip was I was a little ill when I went. I felt disgusting, my stomach was doing flips, my head was aching, and I was really weak. After a mile walk home after the bus I slept for 14 hours straight.
And to end this post, my roomies and I had the most attractive taxi cab driver I have ever seen. Straight out of a magazine. Honey eyes, brown curly hair, lean... mmmh. He even gave us a discount. :) Speaking of honey eyes, here is the best thing that has ever been said to me as a pick up line (he wasn't actually trying to use it as a pickup line but it sounded like one). "Algunas veces cuando te veo tengo ganas de un pan calientito y tomar un poquito del color de tus ojos para endulzarlo como si fuera miel". (Sometimes when I look at you I want to take a piece of warm bread and put a little of the color of your eyes and spread it as if it were honey.")

1 comment: