Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dia 25: Lucha Libre

Well... I went to a Lucha Libre and all I can say is once is good enough. It was hilarious and disturbing all at the same time. Lucha libres are essentially like WWE. There are massive men wearing spandex and masks wrestling in a ring in the middle of the room. It's obviously planned and dramatized.They were smacking each other, doing flips, begging for mercy then attacking their opponents as they turn at the right moment. Super stupid. Anyways, as a group we went to one of the lucha libres for the weekly cultural activity. The beginning of the event I laughed and was pretty entertained. I made up nicknames for the wrestlers and they did silly little tricks around the ring. But then it got weird. They started t-bagging each other, ripping off pants, girls in little clothing came out with "round two" signs and jumped around for the crowd. Everyone started yelling SUPER interesting things at each other and to the wrestlers. Let's just say I learned a lot of colorful swear words. I was laughing the whole time but it was just awkward after an hour or so. Some things just should NOT be seen. And I felt bad for the poor skinny guy who got jumped on by a 350 lb monster! Oh and everyone who sat in the front row will have bruises tomorrow from the men falling out of the ring. Pretty insane night.

No comments:

Post a Comment