Monday, June 28, 2010

Mexico Dia 10

We went on our first little excursion this weekend. We went to Sayula and Tepalpa. This picture is of Tepalpa, gorgeous little town about an hour and a half out of Guadalajara. I cannot express how awesome these little mountain villages are. This one was pretty touristy (pretty sure I made that word up), but we drove through some gorgeous parts outside of the city And of course we drove in a bus up a mountain on a windy road with no guard rails. So the whole time I just watched out my window and hoped we wouldn't drive off and fall to our deaths.
Anyhoo, I can't think of any hilarious stories from the past 2 days but I have one from last week. My roommates and I were walking back from church and this super ghetto van pulled over and the guy started talking to us. The van had no windows except for the normal front ones and one in the back which was covered by a curtain, super sketchy. The guy asked us if we wanted a ride. We just politely said no and he drove off. That was probably one of the most sketchy situations ever, it doesn't sound like it was, but it was. It was straight out of a elementary school video of "what not to do". I mean getting in that ghetto car while speaking very limited Spanish would have spiced my life up a bit, but I decided not to get kidnapped by drug traffickers so early on in my trip.
Oh, I get to start working in the orphanage tomorrow and I'm super excited. Also, this weekend we're going to Tlaquepaque (a sweet town outside of Guadalajara) and we're going to a ceramics festival! I'm pumped. Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment